Our client is looking for a Registered Nurse and area Manager to join their team as one of the leading suppliers of care to the South East.
The right candidate will be expected to:
- To facilitate the delivery of all aspects of care to service users within the homes, working with service users, staff and other team members to ensure this meets a high measurable standard.
- To lead, motivate and manage a team of Registered Managers striving for continuous improvement.
- To provide leadership and take care of clinical and organisational management, ensuring that services provided meet Sussex Health Care’s quality standard audits.
- To be the named person for all external quality audits (CHKS/ISO/IIP).
- To manage the provision of integrated nursing and social care services, providing leadership for the development of the service.
- To evaluate the clinical judgements of the Registered Managers.
- To assist Registered Managers in implementing a safe appropriate and efficient delivery of care, utilising a person centred approach for service users within Sussex Health Care’s services.
- To ensure care homes adhere to written policies and procedures for service user care, thus providing some standardisation across the organisation.
- To work with the Senior Management Team to develop and review policies and clinical practice.
- To ensure that the standards of clinical practice within the care homes remains consistent with Sussex Health Care’s philosophy of care.
- To represent Sussex Health Care with external organisations, parents and carers and create communication pathways that enhance service deliveries.
- To ensure that service and clinical problems are resolved speedily, involving the other members of the Senior Management Team where appropriate.
- To assist the Senior Management Team to refocus services and explore new care markets.
- To establish and maintain effective management systems and to monitor the care homes’ performance against agreed quality standards and key performance targets, recording the performance.
- To monitor Registered Managers’ performance with regard to the agreed budget allocation - in terms of philosophy of care.
- To plan the organisation’s quality audit timetable and organise internal audits throughout the year, identifying trends and reviewing outcomes of each audit.
- To ensure through excellent clinical practice and business management that the homes meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission.
- To enable/ensure that programmes of care are developed, executed and evaluated on behalf of the service users.
- To evaluate the staffing provision/skill mix of the homes ensuring that the needs of the service users are met with regard to clinical input and dependency of service users, whilst working within an agreed allocated budget and National Commission requirements, and challenge if necessary.
- To carry out clinical assessments of prospective service users and calculate the cost of care to create realistic fee schedules.
- To oversee clinical assessments of current service users with regard to individual care needs and challenge if necessary. To oversee the management of care within the homes.
- To help maintain a multi-disciplinary approach to care, and ensure the environment acknowledges and respects service users’ rights to choice, freedom, dignity and individual life style within the homes.
- To provide expert clinical information to the Senior Management Team/Partners on all aspects of care standards and other legislation
- To act at all times in accordance with legislation associated with care establishments and ensure that the highest standard of appropriate care is always provided.
- To undertake research and development as required to support the expansion of Sussex Health Care.
- To be conversant with and adhere to the policies and procedures of Sussex Health Care.
- To participate in Senior Management on-call responsibility, providing clinical judgement and advising on managerial issues.
- To maintain records as required by the Regulatory bodies.
The right candidate must:
- Be a Registered General Nurse or Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse.
- Hold a valid NMC Pin Number.
- Be experienced in managing care homes.
- Be a confident, personable and competent leader.
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- Be IT Literate, including Microsoft Office.
This position is full-time and the right candidate will hold a Full UK Driving Licence.