We are looking for an Application Scientist to join our team to lead the work on identifying potential uses of the technology for customers; this will involve running challenging samples, followed by publishing application notes and papers to demonstrate the potential of 2DMS.
The successful candidate will work closely with the company scientists and engineers leading the modification and new instrument design. They will also work with customers to analyse their samples using 2DMS and analyse/report the results.
We are looking for a PhD or post-doc research level candidate who has a very strong understanding of the fundamentals of all aspects of tandem mass spec, from sample preparation to data analysis and interpretation
They do not need to know details of the 2DMS technique as this can be taught by the company and group – it will be easily picked up by the right candidate.
As a small start-up company, all team members have to be prepared to get involved in anything that needs their support; we are looking for people who are flexible and willing to tackle issues that are outside the scope of their formal job description.
PhD graduate or Post Doc with strong background in Chemistry
The right candidate will be able to support both the commercial and development teams by providing expert insight into commercially relevant applications.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following
- Experience of running a range of different samples types using tandem mass spectrometry, including ability to manually assign fragments to precursors.
- Skilled at the data analysis of complex samples, for example proteomics, metabolomics, environmental, etc
- Able to communicate the end user perspective to the instrument hardware and software development teams.
- Able to support the commercial team in the early stage customer conversations about the technique; including answering technical questions about the technique and positioning the instrument performance to meet client needs.
- Represent the company at all relevant industry conferences and exhibitions.