API Technical Analyst
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience
My client is an extremely successful, innovative International Digital Solutions Specialist. Established more than 12 years ago, they use their extensive experience and proven track record in Business Transformation, Systems Integration and Software Development to deliver long-term, innovative solutions spanning telecoms, technology, media, education and finance.
The role of an API Technical Analyst
Suitable candidates will be able to design, develop and deliver APIs. Candidates will be able to demonstrate this both their CV and interview. A Fundamental part of this role is Restful API understanding.
The Technical Analyst shall work in cross functional agile teams to help define, develop and deliver API first applications built in the Cloud using microservices and micro front ends. The scope of responsibilities is broad, but key is the design, development and delivery of APIs.
- Design RESTful APIs
- Design Data Models
- Define data extract / transform / load
- Can write OpenAPI specifications
- Can use Postman to execute API queries
- Can create Postman collections
- Write user stories
- Write BDD scenarios
- Create low-fidelity wireframes
- Create BPMN diagrams (including microservices, service bus, external systems)
- Execute SQL queries
- Raise pull requests for changes
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Applications
- Agile Scrum / Kanban
- Micro Front Ends
- Microservices architecture
- Leads workshops and meetings to elicit and document requirements
- Negotiates with Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Can lead and complement non-technical colleagues (e.g. Business Analysts)
- Can understand a new business domain quickly
- Not afraid to articulate issues and challenge, specify questions or concerns including
- by members across the team and most importantly summarise rationalised
- recommendations and solutions to address and challenges or concerns
Candidates will ideally have the following…
5+ years’ experience with a proven track record of leadership, understanding, know-how and technical competency within similar roles.
- BCS certifications
- Azure certifications
- AWS certifications
- Salesforce familiarity
- Telco data centre understanding
- Connectivity understanding (pre-cabling, cross connect, cloud)
- Internet Exchange API familiarity (i.e. https://ix-api.net/)
- MEF knowledge
- TMForum understanding
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.