Our Client, an established firm of chartered Accountants based in Newport South Wales, has an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will take on the role of Senior Manager within our Clients firm, which prides itself on providing a high quality consultative and advisory service, with importance on building strong Client relationships and developing business on referral.
Reporting in to the Director, the Senior Manager will be self-sufficient, managing OMB Client relationships, planning and delivering and range of accounting, taxation and audit services as well as getting involved with the business development and practice management.
This position offers a great deal of variety and new challenges, with the opportunity to shape and develop the role.
Key duties will include:
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Preparation of corporate year end accounts, corporation tax computations and returns
- Preparation of sole trader and partnership accounts
- Preparation of management accounts reporting using primarily Sage accounting software (Line 50 and SAPA)
- Review of VAT return processing and dealing with VAT queries
- VAT compliance incl EC sales lists and Intrastats, reverse charges and partial exemption
- Corporate tax compliance
- UK statutory accounts compliance
- Applying UK GAAP
- Advising clients on tax planning strategies and general business queries
- Manage staff, including leading, supervision, control and training
The successful Senior Manager will:
- Have a minimum of 6 years of recent experience public practice, with a strong competency of accounting and taxation (including Income Tax, Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE)
- Have reasonable auditing experience
- Hold ACA or ACCA qualification
- Be technically competent
- Be Client orientated, with experience of managing a portfolio of Clients
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be Proficient with Sage 50 and MS Office Packages, experience with Sage Accounts Production Advanced would also be an advantage
Working within a small "hands on" and busy team, it is essential that the Senior Manager is an enthusiastic and motivated professional with the ability to work well under pressure.
The Senior Manager will earn an initial salary of circa £35k depending on experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with ambition and skill to progress in to a Director level position, with potential of an equity stake for the right person who can prove their commitment, dedication, effectiveness and productivity.
The job title of ‘Senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.