A key position has arisen in a long established, reputable and expanding Accountancy Practice based in Rickmansworth, for a full time qualified Accountant. The position comes with career progression opportunity for the successful, ambitious and able candidate.
Reporting to the Partners, the core responsibilities of this job role will involve:
- Accounts production - both financial and management, tax computations and returns, budgets and forecasts
- Assisting in the looking after of an established portfolio of clients
- preparation of year end accounts
- Working with clients with turnovers of up-to 10 million
- Delegation where appropriate
- Managing work in progress and billing
- Establishing and maintaining controls to ensure deadlines are met
Dealing with ad hoc client queries
- VAT returns
- Bookkeeping as required
In addition to strong accountancy knowledge and skills, the successful candidate must be able to work within a team in a pressured and busy environment, to work effectively to deadlines, and have the ability to use own initiative and solve problems.
You must be a good communicator, able to build positive relationships, be self-motivated and flexible in your approach and keen to take responsibility.
You will have experience of IRIS, SAGE or ZERO and Microsoft Excel and will be ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience.
This is an ideal opportunity to develop a range of skills and experiences in an environment where continuous improvement is supported.