An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Accountant to join our Client’s Ross-Shire team, within a group of companies based in Scotland.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will take on the role of Senior Accountant and will be responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information and accounts, to assist in driving operational improvements and strategic decisions within the group.
Key responsibilities include, although are not limited to
- Maintaining sales ledger in Sterling and Euro receipts
- Maintaining cash books
- Monitoring Euro exchange rates to convert to Sterling
- Overseeing the credit control function and dealing with sundry issues as they arise
- Dealing with queries from internal and external contacts
- Preparation of management accounts
- Updating fixed assets registers
- Updating nominal analysis
- Bank reconciliations
- Control of account reconciliations
- VAT returns
- EC sales lists and Intrastat reports
- Preparing budgets
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Dealing with all audit and corporation tax queries
- Renewing general and credit insurances
- Renewing death in service policy
- Submitting P11D’s
- Lodging annual returns
The successful Accountant will have a proven track record of working successfully in a similar role within industry. Working as part of a small team, excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work on own initiative are vital to the role, along with the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.