• Achieve sales and margin targets based on a commercial plan.
• Driving the growth of your area and be responsible for increasing revenue from newly acquired new accounts or from existing account spend.
• Win and retain profitable new business in line with company standards.
• Grow retained customer numbers to achieve agreed standards.
• Have an effective journey plan to ensure appropriate levels of regular contact to achieve targets with planned objectives and outputs for each call.
• Understanding of sales and margin performance vs. targets for portfolio and by customer.
• Work with internal departments, such as Telesales and Transport to maximise sales and operational efficiencies
• Strengthen relationships with existing and new accounts through effective cross selling and up selling.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced Territory Sales / Business Development Manager with experience having been gained with a delivered foodservice wholesaler or possibly catering equipment sector.
Have a “hunter” style mentality to grow the business on a day to day basis and you will be tenacious, self - motivated and ideally living in Kent or very close to the Kent county border.
As our client is a forward-thinking growth player in the foodservice sector, candidates must be career focused and motivated towards driving substantial growth across their territory.
A natural confident communicator and negotiator you must understand what it takes to deliver a quality service to business customers and be capable of forging your own sales plans.
Be numerate, have excellent presentation and communication skills, be able to communicate at all levels and be decisive, assertive and persuasive.
You will enjoy a level of autonomy and therefore must be highly self-motivated to achieve agreed goals.
A full driving licence is a prerequisite.
What’s on Offer?
Basic salary will be £30,000 per annum, possibly more for an outstanding candidate. In addition, there is a bonus scheme in operation plus company car, mobile phone, and the other usual benefits.
If you’ve got a great sales track record within the foodservice sector and are seeking an opportunity which is second to none and have the character, desire and ambition to take full accountability of this role then please contact us immediately.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Field Sales Professional with experience of working in the foodservice sector or food manufacturing.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc foodservice recruitment, a Division of The rpc Group of Companies is at the forefront of placing professionals into all areas of the foodservice sector. Operating throughout the UK and Internationally, we cover all temperature spans, Contract Distribution, Food Ingredients, Catering Disposables, Catering Equipment, Foodservice Manufacturing, Fresh Produce, Meats, Seafood and Cash and Carry.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the foodservice sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.