The Company and the Role:
The Company is a materials handling equipment company whose operations cover a territory which can best be described as Central Southern England.
They sell, hire and maintain new and used engine and electric powered forklifts and warehouse equipment as well as telescopic handlers and high level access equipment and supply every conceivable type of business from Warehouse and Distribution to Manufacturers and Service businesses.
Due to their continued growth, the Company is now seeking to employ an additional Field Service Engineer to service and maintain MHE and ancillary equipment in West London. This is a permanent position.
You will provide consistent high standards in the provision of field based maintenance and repair for the Company’s customers forklifts, associated equipment and other hired machinery supplied by the Company, within a designated area.
Key Features of the Role:
• Be polite and courteous at all times to both customers and colleagues.
• Maintain high standards of personal dress and presentation including the condition of the van, tools and other commodities used in the delivery of work.
• Fulfil all statutory and company requirements with regard to Health and Safety and adhere to all customer site requirements.
• Complete all paperwork (hard copy or electronic) with the relevant and required information and within the specified timescale using all support including IT as necessary. This will include clear identification of. part numbers, order numbers, times and dates, recommended further action and customer commentary.
• Utilise all available support including the Senior Technician and/ or Training Manager to effect fast and efficient diagnosis and repair.
• Maintain van stock levels to maximise efficiency communicating any additional requirements in a clear manner to Parts or other support staff.
• Maintain regular contact and an effective working relationship with Field Service Team Leader making yourself available to them for site meetings as required.
• To update the customer support office of any potential problems with customers and any future requirements they may have in a timely manner using appropriate methods (email, telephone….)
• Keep the customer informed about the progress of the repair and any follow-up work required using Customer Support Staff as back up and continuity.
Knowledge and Skills:
To be considered for the role you will need to be an accomplished Service Engineer with your practical experience supported by a recognised related industry Apprenticeship / Armed Forces training.
Ideally you will have a proven number of years’ experience in the Fork Lift industry or similar industries e.g. HGB and Plant etc but if not then you must have demonstrable knowledge of: Mechanical systems; Internal combustion engines; Transmission systems; Modern electronic control systems; Hydraulics; Electric motors (ac & dc technology).
You will be proficient in fault finding and repair.
You will have the ability to work independently and in a team.
You must have good communication skills, oral and written.
You must be able to work to a high standard and to timescales as required.
You will have experience of and a good understanding of Health & Safety requirements working in a workshop practice.
You will have a strong commitment to continuing personal and professional development.
You will have excellent organisational skills, be resourceful and solution driven.
You will display a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
You will be able to multi‐task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines.
You should be flexible in your approach and able to cope with the diverse needs of the post.
You will be someone who is highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure, positive, personable and optimistic with a can-do attitude.
You should be IT/ PC literate and have a full UK Drivers Licence. Ideally you will have your own set of tools.
Our Client is supportive to the ex-military community and therefore applications are welcome from ex-military personnel who have an electrical and / or mechanical engineering background.
You will work from home and the working hours are Monday to Friday, 08:00am to 16:30pm, but flexibility is required in order to finish any job on time. Overtime is available and there is a requirement to be available for call outs.
What’s on Offer:
A basic salary circa £28k plus bonuses for team bonus and van cleanliness plus overtime payments and call out payments which means that you can expect to earn around £36-38k per annum.
A fully serviced company van with tools is provided and the current Field Engineer vehicle is a Ford Transit style.
In addition, there is holiday entitlement which commences at 22 days rising to 28 days plus bank and public holidays plus other benefits of Pension, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Scheme, Westfield Healthcare, free Uniform / overalls and overall cleaning, Subsidised Will Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Give as you Earn Scheme (GAYE).
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Field Service Engineer.
4exMilitary receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough in order to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
4exMilitary Jobs Ltd is at the forefront of supplying military leavers and ex-military personnel working in logistics and supply chain, facilities management, catering, hospitality and life support services, military and defence support services, aviation and aerospace, IT and telecoms, fuel supply and distribution, security, retail, wholesale and PX, QA / QC and food safety, health and safety, HR, training and instructors, wealth management, engineering and construction, naval, port and marine- Worldwide!
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, many of which are not advertised.
If you are about to leave the Armed Forces or are ex-military seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.