2nd Line/3rd Line Support Engineer - £28-32k (Camberley)
This outstanding employer (current winner of the CRN Award for the UK’s Best IT Reseller to SME’s) is now looking for additional team members to help look after the needs of their impressive and expanding client list. This is a "vibrant, fast paced technology company who offer friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to over 250 diverse businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire", they bring corporate technology to the SME market – specialising in providing technology solutions from the major global brands (such as Microsoft, HP, Apple and Cisco).
Based in modern, bright and stylish offices in Camberley, this is an at times demanding environment to work in, but genuinely satisfying and most of the time, great fun. New opportunities within the company have arisen as a result of a period of continued growth which is set to continue throughout this year and next. Last year alone, the company grew it's turnover by 40% and continues to build an excellent, strong and enviable reputation.
Now looking for friendly and professional individuals, with an understanding of how our clients’ use their computers, to provide help and guidance to ensure that the solutions they employ meet their business needs. This role would suit candidates looking to take the next step in their IT career. Opportunities to develop into areas of Solution Architecture, Project Management and/or Technical Account Management will be possible for the successful candidates.
You will be responsible for:-
- Managing and supporting clients’ Servers and Network equipment
- Build and configuration of new solutions for SME businesses
- Installation of new solutions at client offices
- Troubleshooting issues with technologies such as:
- Connectivity – Routers, VPNs, Firewall rules
- Networks – VLANS, Managed Switches, Performance bottlenecks
- Servers – RAID, Virtualisation – inc P-to-V, Exchange, SQL
- Backups – configuration, data recovery
Skills & Experience Needed:
- Proven IT Support experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software server and network related issues
- Good level of experience and understanding of Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012, including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy
- Good level of experience and understanding of Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/Office365 and their related client devices
- Good level of experience and understanding of Microsoft SQL, IIS, SharePoint, RDS, Citrix and other server-related solutions
- Good level of experience and understanding of virtualisation solutions such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Experience of networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs would be desirable.
- Proven previous experience in a customer facing role and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to explain information in a professional and appropriate manner to clients of differing levels of technical knowledge
- Applicants must be able to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate an interest in new technologies such as Windows 10, and the latest features in SharePoint and Office 365
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure with well developed work organisation and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in work, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Ability to schedule tasks, meet deadlines, work unsupervised and set/follow procedures
- Education to at least A-Level standard with formal IT qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA etc). A university degree whilst desirable, is not essential
- Full Driving License.
The office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 – 5.30pm. Occasional overtime and out of hours work will be required.