On behalf of a small, privately owned IT security and mobility company on the outskirts of Reading, we are seeking a Finance Assistant for an eleven-month, fixed-term maternity cover contract. The contract will start on 3rd September 2018 and end on 2nd August 2019.
Whilst the company would prefer a full-time person, part-time flexible working would be considered, although this would need to be spread over five days, with the salary being on a pro rata basis.
Within this role, the Finance Assistant will be carrying out the following duties:
- New account set up and credit checking
- Processing customer and supplier purchase orders and invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Other daily banking responsibilities
- Setting up bank payments
- Credit control
- Accurately recording accruals and pre-payments
- Handling finance and order queries from customers, suppliers and internal sales team
- Assisting with day to day tasks and requests
- Assisting outsource partner with month end reporting
- Processing employee expenses
- Managing company credit card
- Maintaining consultancy and commission spreadsheets
To be considered for this position, applicants will satisfy the following:
- Proven experience in a Finance Assistant role preferably in a similar SMB environment
- AAT qualified
- An experienced Xero user with good Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organised and able to accurately process financial data
- A team player
Working for this friendly company, that has ‘dress down Friday’, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, 23 days holiday (pro rata if part time), child care vouchers and half a day holiday on your birthday.