Create Clarity in 5 Simple Steps
We are halfway through 2019 – what resolutions did you set and are you on track?
Now is a great time of year to review where you are, are you on the right path and to bring yourself back on track or set new goals.
People who set goals are twice as likely to achieve them as those who do not!
Set aside some time just for you! Go to a quiet place; it could be a room in your house or a quiet café where you will not be disturbed. Turn your mobile off.
Reflecting on where you are can help highlight your successes and, more importantly, the areas most in need of improvement.
Here are some of the questions you can ask yourself:
- What has gone well? What were some of your biggest achievements in the last year?
- What made you choose these achievements? Were they meaningful to you? Why?
- Do you have any regrets?
- Did you achieve the goals you set for yourself? Which ones did you not achieve? Are they still important and meaningful to you?
- Did anything get in your way and stop you achieving your goals? If so, what? Can you do something about it?
This time next year
It is great to dream big and visualise what you want your life to be like in 5 and 10 years’ time, though many people find this unrealistic. My suggestion is to look forward just one year; you will be surprised as to how far you can go in a year!
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Where do you want to be this time next year?
- What do you want your life to look like?
- How much do you want to be earning?
- How much do you want your company to be making?
- How many hours do you want to be working?
- How much do you want to travel?
- How much time do you want to spend with your family and friends?
Your why is so important - understanding your why will help you achieve 'what is your why???' Goals that give you reasons to get out of bed and attack the day! Goals that excite you! A good way to really get down to your real why is to ask yourself the question ‘what is your why’ then, to the answer ask ‘what made you choose that, or why is that important’ and do this seven times – you will then get to your real why.
Often you have many goals you want to achieve for example gain more clients, earn more money, have more free time, etc.
It is important to be focused on your goals. I suggest not to have too many to focus on at any one time! Have one breakthrough goal that you are focusing on! One breakthrough goal that is meaningful and will make a significant difference in your life.
Can you achieve your breakthrough goal within the next 90 days? What are the actions you need to take to get yourself closer to achieving this goal? Break them down into small bite sized steps. If you do not know what steps, you need to take – who does? - set up a meeting with this person ASAP and get yourself one step closer to this breakthrough goal.
Who is keeping you accountable?
Find someone; it needs to be someone who will keep you on your toes! Someone who you will not want to disappoint! Someone who will not let you get away with not achieving your goal! This could be a coach, mentor or a mastermind group or just another business buddy.
But it is so important to ensure you have someone to keep you accountable - this is key to your success!
Nicola Mullarkey, Managing Director
07966 586 556